The American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines® initiative promotes up-to-date, research-based guidelines to ensure all patients have access to lifesaving care.
Twenty-seven hospitals in the Greater Washington Region are among the 2,600 nationwide that participate in the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines® initiative to improve outcomes for Americans who experience heart disease or stroke.
Heart disease and stroke are the No. 1 and No. 5 causes of death in the United States, respectively. These health crises require swift and proven treatment to ensure the best outcomes for patients. The American Heart Association, devoted to a world of healthier lives for all, sets the standards for high-quality, science-based care and access that all patients deserve.
“Every 40 seconds, someone in America has a stroke or heart attack,” said Federico M. Asch, M.D., a DC cardiologist and American Heart Association Board member. “Access to high-quality care is something that everyone should have, and the Get With The Guidelines program helps ensure all patients can access high-quality care amid adversity.”
Each year, the American Heart Association recognizes hospitals across the country for consistently following up-to-date, research-based guidelines to ensure all patients have access to lifesaving care. In the Greater Washington Region, 27 hospitals were recognized. This includes 5 hospitals in DC, 13 in Northern Virginia, 3 in Prince George’s County, and 6 in Montgomery County.
- Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center
- Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center
- Doctors Community Medical Center
- Fauquier Hospital
- Holy Cross Germantown Hospital
- Holy Cross Hospital
- Howard University Hospital
- Inova Alexandria Hospital
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Inova Loudoun Hospital
- Inova Mount Vernon Hospital
- Mary Washington Hospital
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center
- MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- Reston Hospital Center
- Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Stafford Hospital
- StoneSprings Hospital Center
- Suburban Hospital Johns Hopkins Medicine
- The George Washington University Hospital
- University of Maryland Capital Region Medical Center
- UVA Haymarket Medical Center
- Virginia Hospital Center
Learn more at heart.org/getwiththeguidelines.
Additional Resource: U.S. News & World Report listing: Quality Care You Can Trust (usnewsbrandfuse.com)