Three local leaders are joining the American Heart Association’s mission to be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. These volunteers officially joined the American Heart Association’s Syracuse advisory board at the beginning of the month.
Diane Benedetto, CPA – Diane Benedetto has more than 30 years of accounting and operations experience. She currently serves as Manager, Customer and Community Management for National Grid. Benedetto is passionate about fitness and is also a spin instructor at Elevate Fitness in Liverpool.
Neil Buch, Pharm. D. – Neil Buch is the Area Healthcare Supervisor for Western and Upstate New York at Walgreens. As part of his role, Buch serves as a pharmacy expert for more than 90 stores in the area.
Grahame Gould, MD – Grahame Gould is a neurosurgeon specializing in cerebrovascular neurosurgery and interventional neuroradiology at Upstate University Medical Center. Gould is a member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, the Congress of Neurological Surgeons, and the Society of Neurointerventional Surgery.
“The American Heart Association has a mission to save lives, but we can’t do that without volunteers,” said Franklin Fry, Executive Director of the American Heart Association in Syracuse, “The Syracuse advisory board is a group of dedicated local leaders that is truly making a difference in the health of our community.”
The new members join an award-winning advisory board. The Syracuse area advisory board has been honored with the national Gold Standard Board designation from the American Heart Association for seven consecutive years.
Board members for the 2019-2020 fiscal year are:
- Chairwoman Angela Franco, Fust Charles Chambers, LLP
- President Riya Chacko, MD, Crouse Health
- Lisa Alford, Onondaga County
- Bob Allen, Crouse Health
- Diane Benedetto, National Grid
- Neil Buch, Pharm. D., Walgreens
- Luis Castro, MD, St. Joseph’s Health
- Todd Cross, Syracuse Crunch
- Grahame Gould, MD, Upstate University Brain and Spine Center
- Troy Hogue, AMR
- Brian A. Howard, Tompkins Financial Advisors
- Mary C. King, Hancock Estabrook, LLP
- Satish Krishnamurthy, MD, MCh, Upstate Medical University
- Al Marzullo, IBEW Local 43
- Rita L. Reicher, Ph.D.
- Randy Sabourin, Metro Fitness Clubs
- Samuel Stamps, C&S Companies
- Peggy Thomas, MSN, RN-BC, St. Joseph’s Health
- Fanny Villarreal, YWCA Syracuse and Onondaga County
- Monique Wright-Williams, Syracuse City School District
- Duane E. Wiedor, Hillrom