Welcome to the blog, News Anchors!
The American Heart Association invites you to wear RED on-air on Friday, February 1st to help share the truth about heart disease and make ending it a reality.
Share on-air why you are wearing red and “Going Red” and post photos to social media using #GoRedCT (Connecticut) or #GoRedMass (Massachusetts) so we can retweet/like them.
By joining together, we can fight the #1 killer of women. By wearing RED on National Wear Red Day on February 1st, you can encourage women and those who love them to make a change toward optimum heart health.
Here are national wear red day® social media messages. Feel free to copy and paste the suggested messaging below or share your own story or message and include a photo of you wearing red! Be sure to include #WearRedandGive and either #GoRedCT or #GoRedMass in all your social media posts.
National Wear Red Day®: Friday, February 1, 2019
On-Air Talking Points
- Today is National Wear Red Day.
- I’m wearing RED to support the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women® movement, nationally sponsored by CVS Health, in the fight against heart disease and stroke in women.
- Heart disease is a woman’s greatest health threat.
- Cardiovascular diseases claim the lives of 1 in 3 women. To put that into perspective, that’s a third of our mothers, sisters and friends.
- 80% of these cases may be prevented through education and healthy lifestyle changes like moving more, eating smart and managing blood pressure
- Wear Red to raise awareness about heart disease – the leading cause of death in women – and encourage family and friends to do the same.
- Share your support on social with #WearRedAndGive and visit WearRedDay.org to make a donation to support the lifesaving work of the American Heart Association or at your local CVS Pharmacy, February 3- 23.
Sample Social Media Posts:
- Join me in wearing red today for National #WearRedDay. Together we can raise awareness about heart disease, the leading cause of death in women. WearRedDay.org #GoRedforWomen
- Pic Idea: Selfie of you wearing red.
- Nearly 80 percent of cardiac events can be prevented, but cardiovascular diseases continue to be a woman’s greatest health threat. In honor of National Wear Red Day what will you do to take charge of your heart health? #WearRedDay #GoRedforWomen WearRedDay.org
- Let’s be part of something bigger than ourselves. Join me and give today to help stop heart disease and stroke in women. #WearRedAndGive WearRedDay.org #GoRedforWomen
- A woman dies from heart disease every 80 seconds. Join me and #WearRedAndGive today. Together we can help save lives. WearRedDay.org #GoRedforWomen
- I’m wearing RED to join @GoRedForWomen in the fight against heart disease & stroke. #WearRedandGive by encouraging women in your life to #KnowYourNumbers and make a Go Red Commitment to act for women’s heart health at Goredforwomen.org/commit.
Thank you for your support of National Wear Red and women’s heart health!
Our mission is to be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been fighting heart disease and stroke, striving to save and improve lives. Heart disease is the No. 1 killer worldwide, and stroke ranks second globally. Even when those conditions don’t result in death, they cause disability and diminish quality of life. We want to see a world free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.