MEDIA ALERT! MEDIA ALERT! MEDIA ALERT!
2018 ROCHESTER HEART WALK & RUN
WHO: 8,000 walkers and runners; Marty Mucci, President and CEO of Paychex & 2018 Chair Heart Walk & Run; Lifestyle Change Award Winner Drew Marshall, Jr.;
WHAT: 2018 Rochester Heart Walk & Run
WHERE: Frontier Field, 333 Plymouth Avenue, Rochester
WHEN: Registration opens at 7 a.m.; Event Ceremony begins at 8:40 a.m., Run & Walk begins promptly at 9 a.m.
WHY: Money raised funds critical research, education, advocacy, community programs and awareness. The Rochester Heart Walk & Run is one celebratory day in the year-round opportunity to take those small steps towards a healthier lifestyle.
- This is the 28th annual Rochester Heart Walk & Run. The April 14th walk is the American Heart Association’s largest fundraiser.
- The walk is free. There is no fee for runners under the age of 14 and for those over 14, the fee is $40. To donate, join a team or sign-up for the walk & run visit www.Rochesterheartwalkrun.org To volunteer or learn more, visit www.heart.org/RochesterNY or by calling #585-371-3117.
- Marty Mucci, President and CEO of Paychex is the 2018 Chair of the Rochester Heart Walk & Run. Lisa Fawcett, Vice President, Global Strategy & Lifecycle Management of CooperVision will present the 2018 Lifestyle Challenge Award. The 2019 Heart Walk & Run Chair will be announced.
- Engage with the 20+ vendors who will have heart & health activities and information for participants of all ages.
- Learn more about the American Heart Association’s Healthy For Good® movement and Move More Month during April:
o The American Heart Association wants everyone to be Healthy For Good. Small steps, like taking part in the Walk & Run, can mean big gains in both someone’s own health, and the health of the community. It starts by taking that small step!
o Heart disease and Stroke remain the No. 1 and No. 3 killers in Rochester, Stroke is the No. 5 killer nationally.
o The American Heart Association notes that most cardiac events may be prevented by controlling risk factors including smoking, obesity and high blood pressure. Staying physically active through activities like walking can help reduce your risk for heart disease and stroke.
o April is Move More Month. It is a great time to prepare for the upcoming 2018 Rochester Heart Walk & Run on April 14th at Frontier Field. The American Heart Association wants our community to Move More. Live More. Be Healthy For Good™ so they live their best life.
o Taking a healthy approach is not as difficult as you may think. The Rochester Heart Walk & Run is designed around the Healthy for Good™ movement encouraging people to live healthier lifestyles. It is simple: Eat smart. Add color. Move more. Be well.
Scott Hetsko of WHAM-TV and Bill Moran of iHeart Radio will emcee the Heart Walk & Run.
The Rochester Heart Walk & Run Presenting Sponsor is Paychex. Other local sponsors include UR Medicine, Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield, Rochester Regional Health, CooperVision, Wegmans Food Markets, Bergmann Associates, SWBR Architects, Dixon Schwabl, WHAM 1180, Mix 100.5, Radio 95.1, WHAM ABC TV, Xceed Financial Credit Union, RCare Inc., Constellations Brands, Alesco Advisors, Burke Group,ER Select, ESL Federal Credit Union, LeChase Construction, M&T Bank, MVP Health Care, New York Beef Council, The Bonadio Group, Workers United Rochester Regional-Joint Board, RIT, St. John Fisher College, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Co., CMI, Eric Mower & Associates and Kodak Alaris, Monroe Community College and ProCarpet Inc.
Donations are being accepted online at www.Rochesterheartwalkrun.org. For more information, visit www.heart.org/RochesterNY or by calling the American Heart Association at 585-371-3117.
Media Contact: Jackie Mangione, Regional Communications Director. C/585.967.7749 E/[email protected].