Make a difference in the health of Greater Boston!
The American Heart Association needs ambassadors with creative, generous mindsets and leadership skills to help spread awareness about heart disease, stroke and the importance of a healthy lifestyle in Greater Boston.
We’re making progress but still have much to do. Millions of people live without access to the most basic needs for a healthy life.
Our ambassadors are helping lead the way through community-centered and culturally relevant solutions. If you’re an activist, community leader, healthcare professional, young professional or social entrepreneur, we invite you to become an EmPOWERED to Serve ambassador. Together, we can make a significant impact and create change for the long term.
The EmPOWERED to Serve Ambassador Application is now open!
Interested individuals and organizations should complete the EmPOWERED to Serve Ambassador application and email the form back to [email protected] by Wednesday, March 4.
Download the application by clicking here: EmPOWERED to Serve Ambassador Application
Download the RFP by clicking here: EmPOWERED to Serve RFP
About the EmPOWERED to Serve Grant Opportunity:
EmPOWERED to Serve is a national strategic initiative partnering with organizations and strategic alliances to improve health outcomes and reduce the gap in health disparities among minorities in multicultural communities.
We are seeking organizations and individuals to become EmPOWERED to Serve ambassadors.
Heart disease and stroke are two of our nation’s leading killers, and multicultural communities fall behind in taking action to reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. We need your help spreading heart disease and stroke awareness to your communities. As a leader in your community, you have the power to shape the future. Because your voice is heard, you can educate. Because your influence is felt, you can change behaviors. Because your call is answered, you can mobilize others to work with you. Focusing on the fight against heart disease and stroke is one of the most worthy ways you can use your power on behalf of the community.
The American Heart Association will provide EmPOWERED to Serve ambassadors with:
- Health Lessons – We will provide necessary training on topics such as CPR as well as provide a PowerPoint and materials for lessons.
- Educational materials.
- Incentives for participation.
- Surveys to measure change and impact.
- Support to ambassadors and organizations throughout the year.
- $3,500 to the organization or individuals for their time and participation (this includes a $1,000 stipend for the lead health ambassador(s) who will deliver the health lessons).
The EmPOWERED to Serve ambassador will:
- Hold 12 monthly ambassador-led trainings with a minimum of 20 people per training. Trainings will be held form March 2020 – February 2021.
- Administer surveys.
- Attend an ambassador training on March 11 from 10 a.m. –12 p.m. at the Tobin Community Center in Boston.
- Participate in at least one of the following signature events: Heart Walk, CycleNation or Lawyers Have Heart
- Continually communicate and partner with the American Heart Association over the course of the 12 trainings and allow for Association volunteers and donors to attend trainings.