The American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines® initiative promotes up-to-date, research-based guidelines to ensure all patients have access to lifesaving care
43 hospitals in Virginia are among the 2,600 nationwide that participate in the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines® initiative to improve outcomes for Americans who experience heart disease or stroke.
Heart disease and stroke are the No. 1 and No. 5 causes of death in the United States, respectively. These health crises require swift and proven treatment to ensure the best outcomes for patients. The American Heart Association, devoted to a world of healthier lives for all, sets the standards for high-quality, science-based care and access that all patients deserve.
“Every 40 seconds, someone in America has a stroke or heart attack,” said, Dr. Ethlyn McQueen-Gibson, Leadership Development Chair, of the American Heart Association Hampton Roads Executive Board of Directors. “Access to high-quality care is something that everyone should have, and the Get With The Guidelines program helps ensure all patients can access high-quality care.”
Each year, the American Heart Association recognizes hospitals across the country for consistently following up-to-date, research-based guidelines to ensure all patients have access to lifesaving care. In Hampton Roads, 12 hospitals were recognized this year:
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center
- Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
- Riverside Doctor’s Hospital Williamsburg
- Riverside Regional Medical Center
- Riverside Walter Reed Hospital
- Sentara CarePlex Hospital
- Sentara Leigh Hospital
- Sentara Louise Obici Memorial Hospital
- Sentara Norfolk General Hospital/Sentara Heart Hospital
- Sentara Princess Anne Hospital
- Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
- Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center
Learn more at heart.org/getwiththeguidelines.
- S. News ad page The Road to a Healthy Heart Starts Here (usnewsbrandfuse.com)