We are on a mission to be Healthy for Good™ every day. The approach is simple, eat smart, be well and of course MOVE MORE! Join us this April and beyond as we focus on getting everyone to move more and sit less with the help of workplaces, communities and people like you.
The American Heart Association and local sponsor Sheehy Auto Stores challenges you and your company to a continuous virtual walking event on the Greater Washington Region’s Move More Day, Wednesday, April 14!
Here’s How it Works:
- Accept the Move More Day Challenge, locally sponsored by Sheehy Auto Stores by emailing us at Cayla.DiGiovanni@heart.org.
- We will provide materials to promote the challenge.
- Encourage employees to walk as much as they can on April 14.
- Ideas to encouraging walking:
- Host walking meetings.
- Put a 15-minute hold on calendar at lunch to get out and walk.
- Start an email chain to send fun pictures while on a walk.
- Check out the activation guide for messaging and more.
- Post to social media using #MoveMoreDC and tag @HeartofGWR (Twitter & Instagram) and @GreaterWashingtonAHA (Facebook).
- Ask staff to send you their cumulative step total for April 14.
- By April 16 at noon, submit your team’s cumulative step total to the AHA.
For more information and tools for your company please email your AHA staff partners at Cayla.DiGiovanni@heart.org.
For all of Move More Month and beyond, the American Heart Association is encouraging the nation to spend at least 30 minutes of their day briskly walking or finding ways to move more. Being active is a great way to maintain our physical and mental health – especially during this time of continued social distancing. Join us for Fierce 5 movement breaks, workouts, streaming events, tips and activities that will motivate you to move more every day so you can Live Fierce.
Get your friends motivated and #MoveMoreDC from wherever you are! Check out the activation guide for ideas on how to move more. Move More Month is just one of the many ways you can get involved locally in the Heart Challenge. There are many events like the Heart Walk and CycleNation to keep you having fun and get you moving. Learn more here.