Thank you for all your advocacy efforts over this year’s legislative session! We had some great victories thanks to your outreach, but unfortunately, some issues failed to move as we’d have liked! Please take a minute to thank your legislators for their work and ask them for their continued support!
Click here to send a message today!
We were able to see some great wins for the residents of Maine:
• Secured significant funding for the tobacco control program,
• Passage of Easy Enrollment to help increase access to quality health care,
• Defeated bad legislation that would have limited quality access to health care,
• Passage of ordinances to end the sale of all flavored tobacco products in several towns,
• Secured funding for Universal School Meals and
• Expanded coverage for postpartum care.
Unfortunately, these issues didn’t progress and still need our attention:
• We did not end the sale of all flavored tobacco products throughout the state
• We did not increase the tobacco tax
• We did not secure funding for health equity or obesity
• We did not pass standards for early education.
Advocacy is a long game, and we are so appreciative of your support and efforts. We need to celebrate the wins and know how important our voice is in the process! We still have a lot of work to do, and I look forward to your continued passion and dedication. We are looking forward to working with you in the months to come on our next steps. Act now and send a message to your legislators!
Welcome to the American Heart Association, Northern New England region’s blog pages. Visit our ME, NH and VT blogs by clicking on your state and follow us on FB, TW and IG (Maine: @AHAMaine/New Hampshire: @NHHeartAssoc/Vermont: @VTHeartAssoc) for frequent updates on the latest news and events. Our mission is to be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Join us!