Each year, June 1-7 is designated as National CPR and AED Awareness Week and this year, the significance is especially striking. More than 350,000 out-of-hospital cardiac arrests occur in the United States each year, with about 70% happening in homes. Fortunately, Hands-Only CPR can be performed by family or household members. During a pandemic, household members may be the lowest risk providers of CPR at home because they have likely already been exposed if in fact the cardiac arrest victim has COVID-19. Take advantage of shelter-in-place time and brush up on your Hands-Only CPR skills; they might save someone you love.
- Visit heart.org/handsonlycpr to watch and share the Hands-Only CPR instructional video.
- Download free materials to help celebrate CPR and AED Awareness Week at www.heart.org/CPRWeek
- Share our suggested social media messaging and graphics below.
- Did you know that CPR, especially if performed immediately, can double or even triple a cardiac arrest victim’s chance of survival? This #CPRWeek, learn the 2 easy steps to help save a life in 90 seconds by watching a training video: www.heart.org/handsonlyCPR. #CPRsaveslives
- It’s #CPRWeek! Learn the 2 easy steps of Hands-Only CPR and become a future lifesaver! Learn more here: www.heart.org/handsonlyCPR #CPRsaveslives
- About 70% of out-of-hospital cardiac arrests happen in homes. If you’re called on to give CPR in an emergency, you will most likely be trying to save the life of someone you love. Become a future lifesaver and watch a 90-second training video at www.heart.org/handsonlyCPR this #CPRWeek. #CPRsaveslives
- Every second counts in a cardiac arrest. This #CPRWeek, learn the 2 simple steps of Hands-Only CPR by watching a 90-second training video at www.heart.org/handsonlyCPR . #CPRsaveslives
- Only about 46% of people who experience an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest receive the immediate help they need before professional help arrives. This #CPRWeek, learn how to save a life at www.heart.org/handsonlyCPR. #CPRSavesLives
Right click to save and share the below graphics with our suggested messaging.