This first month is all about taking action. We’re going to focus on building healthy habits, prioritizing yourself, adding color to your plate, adding movement to your day, the importance of sleep and how to reconnect with your doctor.
Week 1: Healthy Habits
- Healthy habits – Be Healthy For Good with Life’s Simple 7, 5 Steps to Quit Smoking and Vaping for Good, 6 Steps for the Whole Family to be Healthy, 5 Simple Heart-Healthy Energy Boosters
- Keeping a regular healthy schedule – How to Establish a Wake-Up Routine, How to Sleep Better with a Bedtime Routine, How to Upgrade Your Morning Routine, Go ahead and ditch the grand New Year’s resolution, How to Boost Your Willpower to Help Make Healthy Choices Easy, How to Make Breakfast a Healthy Habit, Building Healthy Lunch Habits at Work, Building Healthy Lunch Habits at Work Infographic
- How to prioritize yourself / your health – How to Make Healthy Food and Healthy Lifestyle Choices Now, How to Break Bad Habits and Change Behaviors.
- How to add color to your plate – 5 Reasons to Eat More Color Infographic, Making the Most of the Nutrition Facts Label, 4 Ways to Get Good Fats, Added Sugar is not so Sweet, Can Processed Foods Be Healthy, Eat More Color, Sip Smarter, How much protein should I eat in a serving?, The Facts on Fats, What is a healthy diet?
- How to add movement to your day – Make Every Move Count, Move More for Whole Body Health
- Importance of sleep – How Sleep Affects Your Health
- Science behind sleep – Sleep Your Way to a Smarter Brain
- Sleep techniques – How to Sleep Better, Sleep Well (4 week sleep guide), How to Sleep Better with Tech Tweaks, Sleep Better with Healthy Lifestyle Habits
- Additional Resources: AHA Sleep Study, Better sleep habits may help reduce heart disease risk and aid in weight loss, AHA’s Chief Science and Medical Officer on Risk of Inadequate Sleep,
Week 3: Reconnect With Your Doctor
- Reconnect with your doctor – Life after lockdown should start with this healthy to-do list
- What to ask your doctors (wellness visits) Heart-to-heart: Talking to Your Doctor, Doctor Appointments: Working With Your Doctor, Work with Your Healthcare Team
- Preparing for medical visits The P.A.C.E. worksheet
- Telehealth – Tips for Heart Valve Patients
- How to stay safe outside the house Minimizing risks as coronavirus pandemic continues, Coronavirus precautions for patients and others facing higher risks, Still Out and About? Questions We All Have Regarding Coronavirus
Week 4 Hands-Only CPR
- Resources – 2 Steps to Save a Life, Learn Hands-Only CPR in 60 Seconds, Hands-Only CPR with Jocko Sims, Hands-Only CPR Resources
Diego is the Communications Director for the American Heart Association in New York City. He loves sharing powerful stories that inspire people to take control of their health.