Month 2: Be Well
This second month of our Live Fierce NYC Resiliency program is all about mindfulness and being well. We’re going to focus on practicing gratitude, managing stress, meditation and mental health.
Week 1: Practicing Gratitude
- Gratitude – Simple Ways to Practice Gratitude, Thankfulness: How Gratitude Can Help Your Health, 21 Days of Gratitude Challenge
- The Connection Between Food and Mood –Food and Mood, Why Lose Weight?, Keeping a Healthy Body Weight, Body Mass Index (BMI) In Adults, 5 Steps to Lose Weight and Keep It Off
- Your Family History – Family History and Heart Disease, Stroke, My Family Health Tree,
- Working With Your Doctor Heart-Health Screenings, Doctor Appointments: Working With Your Doctor, Questions for Your Healthcare Professional
Week 2: Managing Stress
- How Stress Affects Your Heart – Stress and Heart Health, Stress & Strain: Body & Brain, Stressed Out? You’re Not Alone, How Does Stress Affect the Body?, Anxiety Linked to Long Term Stroke Risk, Mental Health and Heart Health,
- Dealing With stress – Tips to Lower Stress, Tips to Manage #StayHome Stress, What is Stress Management?
- Dealing With Anxiety – Coping with Feelings
- Tools and Tips – Fight Stress with Healthy Habits, 3 Tips to Manage Stress, Take Action to Control Stress, Spend Time in Nature to Reduce Stress and Anxiety, Working Out to Relieve Stress
- What is Meditation? – Loving-Kindness Meditation, Meditation to Boost Health and Wellbeing,
- Incorporating Meditation Into Your Schedule – Mindful Eating, How to instill inner peace while staying at home
- How Depression Affects the Heart – Depression and Heart Disease, How Does Depression Affect the Heart?,
- Mental Health = Heart Health – Mental Health and Heart Health, People with depression fare worse in heart health study, Coping with Feelings
Diego is the Communications Director for the American Heart Association in New York City. He loves sharing powerful stories that inspire people to take control of their health.