The NECC 11th Annual Summit
October 20-21, 2016
Nancy Kostel-Donlon Stroke Coordinators Scholarship
Call for Applications
Deadline April 29, 2016 Newport Marriott, Newport, RI
Nancy Kostel-Donlon, a stroke coordinator from St. Francis Hospital in Roslyn, NY, suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm and passed away on September 17, 2010. Nancy was a committed nurse, educator and mentor for the past 30 years. The Nancy Kostel-Donlon Stroke Coordinator Scholarship was created in 2011 to honor the memory of Nancy Kostel-Donlon by recognizing the Stroke Coordinator who best exemplifies her commitment to quality improvement, patient education, and mentorship.
The Criteria for the Nancy Kostel-Donlon Stroke Coordinator Scholarship include:
- Must serve as your hospital Stroke Coordinator (title may vary)
- It is unlikely that your hospital will be able to financially support your attendance
- New to the Stroke Coordinator Role (less than 2 years) OR
- In the Stroke Coordinator Role for more than 2 years and actively mentor others
In addition to completing the online application, all applicants must submit a letter of recommendation from a peer or supervisor to complete your application. Letters can be sent via email to Mia.Freedenfeld@heart.org or fax to 203-303-3346.
Please click on the following link to complete the application form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/P5WBHLL
The Scholarship Recipient will receive the following:
- Waived registration fee to attend the 2016 Summit – October 20-21, 2016
- Travel Expenses Reimbursed
- Hotel Accommodations at the Newport Marriott
The deadline to submit an application is Friday, April 29, 2016.
All applicants will be notified by May 20, 2016.
To assist you in preparing your application click here for a pdf of the questions asked.
*Please note you must complete the online form to be included in the applications.
Call For Poster Abstracts
Deadline July 11, 2016
Instructions for Submitting an Abstract:
- Deadline for abstract submission is July 11, 2016.
- Applicants will receive notification upon receipt of submitted abstracts – sent weekly on Tuesdays.
- Abstract submissions will be reviewed by The NECC Planning Committee and notifications will be sent to all applicants by August 1, 2016.
- Expenses associated with the submission and presentation of an abstract are the responsibility of the presenter.
- Presenting/submitting authors must register and pay for attendance at the conference.
- Abstracts selected will be published on The NECC website www.thenecc.org.
When you are ready to submit your abstract please click on the following link and complete the required form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HPYY8QT
Our mission is to be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been fighting heart disease and stroke, striving to save and improve lives. Heart disease is the No. 1 killer worldwide, and stroke ranks second globally. Even when those conditions don’t result in death, they cause disability and diminish quality of life. We want to see a world free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.